Don’t believe that a juice fast makes you weak. On day 20 of our detox, Chris and I went hiking up the Schmittenhöhe Mountains in Austria. This was an amazing experience. The scenery was simply breathtaking. I felt on top of the world and – at 2,000m of height – I actually was.
The multitude of colors are unbelievable, varying from fiery rusty fall colors to the deep blue of the skies and all the shades of green that you can possibly imagine – simply superb. Also, the beautiful view from above of the sleepy town of Zell Am See was priceless.
One interesting thing I noticed while visiting various natural sites around Austria is how well-organized they are. Many sites favor eco tourism by providing awesome infrastructures to green voyagers and locals, thereby allowing them to take full advantage of nature and their surroundings.
This time around we chose to go hiking using the Sisi Rundwanderweg panoramic trail. (For more hiking panoramic trails click here).
- Wear good walking shoes.
- Don’t be deceived by the fresh mountain air. If you don’t wear sun protection, you’ll get burned.
- Bring water (and drink it). It’s important to stay hydrated while hiking around.
- Dress in layers.
- Wear sunglasses. They serve as a protection from the sun and from the bright glaring of the snow.
- Bring your own healthy snack. There are plenty of great places to sit down and eat while admiring the beautiful scenery.
- Before taking the cable car* back down, get a glass of herbal tea from the restaurant.
- Get the “Zell am See-Kaprun Summer Card“. With this card many sites allow you to go in for free.
*5% of the power needed for cable car and lift facilities is covered by photovoltaic energy.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Susie Pleia is the founder of Oreeko , an Eco directory & Green Lifestyle Blog of worldwide businesses and services. Visitors can use it to find the green alternative to any product or service imaginable. Businesses can use it to get exposure and connect with highly targeted customers. Our mission is to make green-living simple. By creating a centralised, curated and ever-growing online resource, we connect a targeted green-loving audience to your product or service.