Natural medicine practitioners and herbalists often recommend apple cider vinegar for everything from a cold to digestive woes. It turns out they aren’t the only ones acknowledging the virtues of this kitchen staple. Here are 5 reasons you should add some vinegar to your healthy day.
- A quick swish of apple cider vinegar has been shown to help remove stains on your teeth from coffee and even wine.
- Some reports show it helps in weight loss. Acetic acid found in apple cider vinegar has been tied to a reduction in abdominal fat as well as reduced triglycerides (which are linked to heart disease).
- Vinegar helps balance our often out-of-whack pH levels, helping make it more alkaline. A higher acid level (low pH) has been connected to lower energy as well as a higher incidence of infection and dieasse.
- You’ll often find vinegar on detox programs as it is thought to help detoxify the liver.
- Apple cider vinegar is great for your lymphatic system and can help clear mucus if you feel a cold coming on.
Healing Lifestyles & Spas content focuses on integrating healing remedies, alternative medicine, natural living, spa wisdom, and nature into our lives, providing tools and inspiration to lead a more healthy and healing lifestyle. We all need to slow down, press pause, and nurture this absolute need to give back to ourselves. Remember to Live Mindfully, Eat Joyfully, Travel Consciously. Sign up and get your your daily dose of spa-living in an easy, bite-size tip, right in your inbox! We provide a wide range of experiences to enrich your mind, stretch your imagination, feed your psyche, move your body, and give you spa delights!