Do you ever look around at the world and feel like it’s not enough? Have you ever wished for a different possibility? Like maybe not so much judgment between people? Maybe a kinder, more gentle world to live in?
I’ve always known something else should be possible. I’ve always wanted to be a part of creating it. I just couldn’t seem to figure out how to make it all work. How to make MY life work. I did everything you’re supposed to do here to have great life. I built a successful chiropractic business. I had a fiancé that everyone said was perfect for me. I lived in beautiful Santa Barbara. From the outside looking in, I had it all. But you know what? I was miserable.
Every day, after my fiancé went to work, I would lie on the bed and cry. Depressed. Hopeless. Overwhelmed. That feeling of not thinking you can handle it all, I knew it well.
I tried everything I could think of to fix me. I used to think, “I SHOULD be happy. I SHOULD be content. I SHOULD be able to do what I love and be able to pay my rent. I SHOULDN’T have this ache of dissatisfaction.” But I did. And no modality, no process, no self-help book, nothing made the ache go away long term. I was depressed and unhappy so much of the time. I didn’t know what else to try. I didn’t know what else to do. I didn’t see the point of living if this was how it was going to be. I was ready for a way out.
… I was done.
I picked the day. The day I was going to end it all. The day I was going to end my life. I blurted out one final demand to the Universe, “Universe! You’ve got 6 months or I’m out of here.” And, I meant it.
One week later I was looking through the classifieds and saw this tiny ad that said, “Access. All of life comes to me with ease and joy and glory. Call Shannon.” Throwing the paper down I said, “Pollyanna put an ad in the paper. Ease, joy and glory? More like pain, suffering and gory!”
The next week, I saw the ad again. This time I called. When Shannon answered the phone, I demanded, “What do you do?!” She talked to me about the tools of Access Consciousness®. Reluctant and skeptical, I setup an appointment.
That first appointment was the beginning of a whole new world for me. As I continued with Access, I discovered tools that I could apply to my daily life and they actually worked! As I used the tools more and more, I started waking up in the morning with a sense of possibility. For the first time, in a very long time, I was happy and grateful to be on the planet. And you know what? That happiness, that sense of possibility, it still gets greater and greater every day!
How about you? What is it you’ve been looking for but you’ve never been able to find? Is it a sense of joy? Do you know that feeling of desperation and dissatisfaction? Do you sometimes wonder if your life, as it is, is all there is? Do you long for something more?
I am living proof that more is possible. There is a space of joy and ease that you can know.
Here are three tools that dynamically changed my life and they can change yours too:
- Silencing the Noise In Your Head: Do you ever feel like your thoughts, feelings and emotions are screaming at you and no matter what you try, you can’t get them to stop? Here’s the thing, 98% of the thoughts, feelings and emotions that you are aware of don’t even belong to you. You are like a giant psychic radio picking up on everything that’s going on around you. The next time you feel depressed, angry, irritated, sad, lonely, or have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning because those feelings are really strong and overwhelming, ask this question, “Who does this belong to?” If you notice that things lighten up in your world, it was never yours in the first place. Simply say, return to sender.
- Change Your Mind: Your point of view creates your reality. How you believe something occurs is how it will occur. How you feel about something, the way that you think about something is how it will show up. The good news is, if you change your point of view, you can change your reality. You can start to change your point of view about life by saying, “All of life comes to me with ease and joy and glory.” Say it 10 times in the morning and 10 times at night. When we have the point of view that life is filled with ease, joy and abundance, ease, joy and abundance will show up because your point of view will create that reality for you.
- YOU Can Change Your World: The tools of Access Consciousness are all about empowering you to know that you know. You are far greater and far more powerful than you’ve ever acknowledged. When you begin to recognize that, no matter what, no matter what choices you’ve made, no matter where you are right now, you can choose something different today.
These three questions can assist you in discovering the gift of you and in empowering you to choose something new:
- What is it you think you can’t handle that you actually could?
- Where did you learn you had to have a way out instead of a way of creating a possibility?
- What is the gift of you, that if the world lost it, the world would be a less wonderful place because you’re gone?
There is always hope. There is always a different possibility. The world can be a different place. Your life can be far greater than anything you’ve experienced or even hoped for.
I’ve been in the place of looking for a way out. I knew it well. And I can tell you, if you can’t see the more that’s available, please don’t give up. It’s there and if you will choose to ask questions, if you will choose to recognize that you are not early as screwed up as you think you are, if you will choose to invite the ease and joy of life to come play with you, you can have the adventure of living that goes far beyond anything you’ve yet imagined.