- 1/4 c light brown sugar
- 3 T agave or maple syrup
- 1 T unsulphured molasses
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t ground clove
- 1 t kosher salt
- 2 t pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 C of ground golden flax seeds
- 3/4 C of water
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I use unsweetened)
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 2 c oat flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 scoops plant-based protein powder
- 1/4 c rolled oats
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts
- cooking spray (preferably olive oil)
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground flax and water until fully mixed and water is absorbed. Then in a large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients (through pumpkin). Whisk in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and protein powder. Spread in a 13×9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts and oats. Sprinkle the walnut-oat mixture over top of the brownie batter.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes or until set (be sure to check for doneness in the center! – this batter can trick you and look set, but then be raw in the center when you cut it). Yield: 24 bars.
Vegan adaptation from an original recipe courtesy of Erica’s Recipes
Healing Lifestyles & Spas content focuses on integrating healing remedies, alternative medicine, natural living, spa wisdom, and nature into our lives, providing tools and inspiration to lead a more healthy and healing lifestyle. We all need to slow down, press pause, and nurture this absolute need to give back to ourselves. Remember to Live Mindfully, Eat Joyfully, Travel Consciously. Sign up and get your your daily dose of spa-living in an easy, bite-size tip, right in your inbox! We provide a wide range of experiences to enrich your mind, stretch your imagination, feed your psyche, move your body, and give you spa delights!