A delicious spicy vegan twist on a summertime favorite.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: About 5 – 6 servings
Ingredients for Vegan Cilantro Curry Potato Salad
- 4 – 5 medium yellow or red potatoes, cooked
- 1 cup cilantro coconut curry sauce (see below)
- 1 cup plain Coconut or Almond yogurt
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup snipped green onion or chives
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Boil up the potatoes. You can peel them if you like, but I like to leave the peel on, for extra nutrition and flavor. Let the potatoes cool until they are cool enough to chop up. Chop the potatoes into little chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the curry sauce, coconut yogurt, lemon and vinegar. Stir in the potatoes, cilantro and green onion. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Cook time doesn’t include potato cooking time.
Cilantro Coconut Curry Sauce
- 1 15-oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger root
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari or Nama Shoyu
- 1 Tablespoon rice (or white) vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Agave or Coconut Nectar
- 2 Tablespoons vegan fish sauce (see below)
- 2 – 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- Juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 2 Tablespoons Thai red curry paste (use more or less to taste)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped fine (use more or less to taste)
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Taste and add more curry paste, jalapeno and/or Sriracha as desired.
- Store in an airtight bottle in the refrigerator. Use on chicken, fish or vegetarian curry dishes. Makes a great salad dressing or dipping sauce as well.
Vegan Fish Sauce
- ¼ cup warm filtered water
- 2 Tbsp. raw turbinado sugar
- ¼ cup fresh or canned 100% pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp. Tamari or Nama Shoyu
1. Stir the water and sugar together in a bowl until sugar dissolves. Add the pineapple juice and light soy sauce and mix well.
2. Refrigerate in a glass container or jar with a lid for an hour or so. This can last up to 3-4 days.
Healing Lifestyles & Spas content focuses on integrating healing remedies, alternative medicine, natural living, spa wisdom, and nature into our lives, providing tools and inspiration to lead a more healthy and healing lifestyle. We all need to slow down, press pause, and nurture this absolute need to give back to ourselves. Remember to Live Mindfully, Eat Joyfully, Travel Consciously. Sign up and get your your daily dose of spa-living in an easy, bite-size tip, right in your inbox! We provide a wide range of experiences to enrich your mind, stretch your imagination, feed your psyche, move your body, and give you spa delights!