Number of Servings: 8
Serving Size: About ½ cup
- 3 each Sweet Potatoes, medium size
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 T. Gruyere cheese, shredded (for vegan leave out or use a vegan artisinal hard cheese like Treeline)
- 1 each Egg (leave out for vegan or substitute with a T. of Olive Oil or vegan butter like Earth Balance)
- ¾ c. Flour, all purpose (can easily replace with all purpose Gluten Free flour)
- ½ c. Whole wheat flour (replace with all purpose Gluten Free flour to make Gluten Free)
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- Bake sweet potatoes until fork tender
- When potatoes are baked, cut in half and scoop center out of potatoes into a mixing bowl.
- Then add salt, nutmeg, and cheese to semi cooled potatoes.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher or hand mixer.
- Then mix in the egg and ¾ cup of the all-purpose flour.
- Knead the dough, adding the whole wheat flour 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Knead the dough until smooth.
- Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Put on a medium pot of boiling water.
- Let the dough rest for about five minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces.
- On a lightly floured surface, using the palms of your hands, roll the 6 pieces out into ropes, keeping them at least an inch thick.
- Then cut the ropes into 1 inch thick pieces, about 8 per rope.
- Place gnocchi in boiling water, and cook until tender. Be sure to stir around a little bit, so gnocchi does not stick to each other.
- Then place strained gnocchi on baking sheet. Repeat until all gnocchi is cooked.
- Heat large sauté pan with olive oil.
- Once pan is hot, sauté the gnocchi until heated through and the gnocchi turn a light brown color.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
Recipe courtesy of H3Daily
Photo: Kate Sears
Healing Lifestyles & Spas content focuses on integrating healing remedies, alternative medicine, natural living, spa wisdom, and nature into our lives, providing tools and inspiration to lead a more healthy and healing lifestyle. We all need to slow down, press pause, and nurture this absolute need to give back to ourselves. Remember to Live Mindfully, Eat Joyfully, Travel Consciously. Sign up and get your your daily dose of spa-living in an easy, bite-size tip, right in your inbox! We provide a wide range of experiences to enrich your mind, stretch your imagination, feed your psyche, move your body, and give you spa delights!