Makes 12 Balls
- 1 cup raw ground almonds/almond meal
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- scant 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1/4 cup pitted dates (about 6 medium), roughly chopped
- 1 to 2 tsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp raw shelled hemp seeds (hemp hearts)
- In a food processor, pulse almond meal, spices and salt until evenly mixed.
- Add molasses and dates, and process until combined.
- Transfer dough into a small bowl and add almond milk as needed, one teaspoon at a time, as you use the back of a spoon to press the mixture together.
- When the dough clumps and comes away from the sides of the bowl, pinch off small pieces and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Coat some, or all, of your dough balls in raw hemp seeds for extra anti-aging omega 3s.
Recipe courtesy of Jolene Hart
Healing Lifestyles & Spas content focuses on integrating healing remedies, alternative medicine, natural living, spa wisdom, and nature into our lives, providing tools and inspiration to lead a more healthy and healing lifestyle. We all need to slow down, press pause, and nurture this absolute need to give back to ourselves. Remember to Live Mindfully, Eat Joyfully, Travel Consciously. Sign up and get your your daily dose of spa-living in an easy, bite-size tip, right in your inbox! We provide a wide range of experiences to enrich your mind, stretch your imagination, feed your psyche, move your body, and give you spa delights!