Recipe courtesy of I Quit Sugar
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- coconut oil for frying
- 1 large sweet potato, thinly sliced (the thinner the chip, the better the final outcome – a mandolin works well for this)
- 60g dark (85-90% cacao) chocolate, chopped into even-sized pieces
- sea salt
- Line a baking tray or plate with paper towel. Heat 2cm coconut oil until bubbling in a medium-small fry pan.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully lower chips into coconut oil to shallow fry. Do not overcrowd the pan. Turn once and remove from pan to drain on paper towel. Repeat process until all of the chips have been fried.
- Line a baking tray or plate with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in a microwave (for about 30 seconds) until smooth.
- Dip fried sweet potato into chocolate and place on baking paper.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Set in the fridge until chocolate hardens before serving.
Healing Lifestyles & Spas content focuses on integrating healing remedies, alternative medicine, natural living, spa wisdom, and nature into our lives, providing tools and inspiration to lead a more healthy and healing lifestyle. We all need to slow down, press pause, and nurture this absolute need to give back to ourselves. Remember to Live Mindfully, Eat Joyfully, Travel Consciously. Sign up and get your your daily dose of spa-living in an easy, bite-size tip, right in your inbox! We provide a wide range of experiences to enrich your mind, stretch your imagination, feed your psyche, move your body, and give you spa delights!