- 2 large cucumbers peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, stem and seeds removed coarsely chopped
- 1-2 hot pepper, jalapeno or poblano pepper coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon each mint and dill chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 teaspoon Essence seasoning (spice mixture includes: salt, garlic ,paprika, thyme, black pepper, oregano, cayenne pepper
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt (or non-dairy yogurt for vegan)
- Combine all ingredients in blender, puree until very smooth.
- Transfer to refrigerator for 2 or more hours.
- Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
- Serve with dollop of plain yogurt or sour cream and minced chives.
- I had a cute idea to serve the soup in colored pepper hollowed out bowls by just cutting off the top and removing the seeds.
Recipe and photo courtesy of From Garden to Soup Bowl
Healing Lifestyles & Spas content focuses on integrating healing remedies, alternative medicine, natural living, spa wisdom, and nature into our lives, providing tools and inspiration to lead a more healthy and healing lifestyle. We all need to slow down, press pause, and nurture this absolute need to give back to ourselves. Remember to Live Mindfully, Eat Joyfully, Travel Consciously. Sign up and get your your daily dose of spa-living in an easy, bite-size tip, right in your inbox! We provide a wide range of experiences to enrich your mind, stretch your imagination, feed your psyche, move your body, and give you spa delights!