By Vegan Man
- 10 oz. of dried pasta (gluten free if that‘s how you roll)
- 1 cup peeled/diced yellow potatoes (or russets)
- ¼ cup peeled/diced carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup water (preferably use liquid from pot of boiled veggies)
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package instructions (usually requires boiling for 6-8 minutes in salted water), drain, and set aside.
- Bring several cups of water to boil in a small pot. Place chopped potatoes, carrots, and onion in the boiling water, and cook for about 12 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and soft enough to blend.
- When veggies are soft enough to blend, use a slotted spoon to remove them from cooking water, and place them in your blender. Add ¾ cup of the cooking water to your blender first then add veggies and your remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over your cooked pasta in a serving dish, taste for salt, and serve immediately.
Adapted and photo from vegan yumminess