Detox Your Way to Better Health, Happiness and Vitality!
“The journey of 1,000 miles begins with just one step.” – Lao Tzu
No matter what you do to clean up your outside, there’s no faster way to a healthy body, beautiful skin, and a clear mind than cleansing from the inside out. Even if you consider yourself healthy and fit, living on planet earth means you are constantly exposed to thousands of toxins on a daily basis – from the products you use and the food you eat to the water you drink and even the air you breathe. Unchecked, these toxins can accumulate in your cells, leading to inflammation, weight gain and chronic disease.
Just like changing the oil in your car every 3,000 miles to keep it running smoothly, doing the same for your body helps clear out toxins and prevent disease before it starts. It will also rejuvenate your cells and help you feel more vital physically, mentally and emotionally. For the last 2,500+ years Traditional Chinese Medical doctors recommend cleansing with each change of the seasons – up to four times a year.
But not all cleanses are created equally. Here’s what to look for before starting your next detox protocol:
- There’s No Such Thing as a Quick Fix. Any solution that promises dramatic results overnight without you having to put in work is not a solution, it’s a band-aid on top of a larger problem. Instead of just focusing on your symptoms of disease or discomfort, to dive deeper and work hard to find out what’s causing them.
- What’s Goes In Counts as Much as What Goes Out. Many detoxes focus only on eliminating as many toxins as possible from the body without considering the importance of replenishing the body with precious nutrients it needs to function properly. Although it’s easy to lose weight with cleanses like the popular (but drastic!) master cleanse, it fails to replenish the gut and cells with what they need to thrive long after the cleanse is over.
- Eat More Plants. There is an overwhelming body of evidence showing that a whole foods plant-based diet is key to long-term optimal health. Be wary of detox protocols that don’t require giving up meat and dairy, the very toxins that have been linked to inflammation and chronic diseases like GI disease, hypertension and heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes and even cancer. If you can do it for 10 days, you can do it for another 10, then another. Next thing you know, you’re eating vegan.
- Supplement with Superfoods and Natural Herbs. Tap into the wisdom of ancient medicine: supercharge your cleanse with the thousands of years old traditions of Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda, which use natural herbs to gently and safely kill parasites in the body and detox the organs.
- Be Proactive. To support your cleanse, practice rigorous self-care by taking advantage of alternative therapy with an accredited holistic therapist. Colonics, acupuncture, ionic foot baths, lymphatic drainage massage, neti pots and ear candling are one of countless modalities that can support your body in removing toxins.
- Springboard into Better Habits. Three-day juice cleanses are all the rage now. While the benefits are great short term and certainly better than no cleanse at all, it is virtually impossible NOT to go back to your previous poor eating habits after a juice or water only short term detox. You want to make sure that your detox also helps you begin to build better habits that you can put into practice long after the detox is finished. The most successful detoxes are not diets – they’re a lifestyle choice. Simple changes lead to lasting results.
- Start Somewhere. No detox is perfect, and ultimately, you get out of detoxing exactly what you put in. If you’re new to cleansing, the Conscious Living 10-Day Detox is a great place to start. In just ten days, you’ll feel lighter, cleaner and better able to make lasting food and lifestyle choices that can lead to long-term optimal health.
- Make a Commitment. Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, and your actions louder than your words. The Universe rewards the bold. Commit to taking just one step forward, and the Universe will take ten on your behalf.
Ready to get started? Here are a few things to remember when choosing your next detox:
Start your 10-Day Conscious Living Detox now! Click here.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: The above information is not intended to serve as medical advice. Before beginning any detox protocol, be sure to consult your doctor to ensure the regimen is best for your overall health. Happy cleansing!