We envision a world where our individual acts of kindness, giving and cooperation can make a positive impact for everyone. At this critical moment in history where our world is filled with war, disease and racial conflict, there is a movement afoot to rise up consciously as one earth family, with one collective voice, unified through heart and song.
On Saturday, October 8th, thousands will join together for Chant 4 Change, a devotional activism event taking place on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. to raise the vibration of our nation and our planet. This ten-hour event will take place between 12pm and 10pm, and is dedicated to healing and uniting the nation through song, prayer and devotion.
Just one month before Election Day, Chant4Change presents a multicultural, multi-denominational festival of music and spirit that will raise the vibration of the planet, setting the stage for a more peaceful, sustainable world. More than a dozen leading artists and thinkers will perform sacred music and give talks at this historic venue, countering the messages of hate and division that have dominated the 2016 election season.
If you love your neighbor without consideration of their religion, politics, race, sex, age, economic status, it may seem there is no place for your voice to be heard. Chant music has long powered revolutionary action from Gandhi to Martin Luther King Jr. Chant4Change is “conscious action” – an alternative to the negativity of mainstream media and politics.
- Grammy-winning Sweet Honey in the Rock, an acapella gospel/jazz/spiritual ensemble that has inspired audiences worldwide.
- ”Kirtan Rabbi” Andrew Hahn, who performs mystical Hebrew chants in dreamy loops and hypnotic world rhythms.
- Gaura Vani, of Juggernauts and the Hanumen, whose audience-engaging world beat/ Kirtan sounds reflect his upbringing at Hindu – Hare Krishna ashrams worldwide.
- Jai Uttal, a Grammy-nominated pioneer in the world music community.
- Fanna-FI Allah, a Sufi Muslim group whose ecstatic, trance-like vibe celebrates the love of the Divine through poetry.
- MC Yogi, a musical pioneer who has created a new genre of yoga-inspired hip hop.
- LindaLarkin, the original and current voice of Princess Jasmine in Walt Disney’s Aladdin.
- Tina Malia, an etherial singer-songwriter-instrumentalist whose music defies labels and embraces multiple cultures and spiritual traditions.
- Mikey Pauker, a Folk/World artist whose music written in Hebrew, English and Sanskrit has been described as “Medicine Music.”Others appearing at the donation-based, non-profit festival include New Age/World Music chart-topper Ajeet Kaur, and Cherokee musician and storyteller Yona FrenchHawk. In addition, confirmed presenters include Radhanath Swami, author of the New York Times best-seller, “The Journey Within,” and Yoga Alliance Chief Ambassador Andrew Tanner.
Over the centuries, people of many lands and cultures have chanted and sung together to give voice to their yearnings for peace. Chanting and singing bonds us to one another and builds community, something sorely needed now, amid this divisive presidential election. On the same steps where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his powerful, “I Have a Dream,” speech 53 years ago, #Chant4Change offers a beautiful reminder to the world that mankind can and must live in harmony together.
Sponsors include the Call and Response Foundation, Yoga Alliance, Gaura Vani LLC, Beloved Yoga, Skip Maselli, and Mannabliss, LLC. Conscious Living TV is proud to be a media sponsor for this vibration-raising event. We’ll see you there – come visit us in our conscious media booth alongside the reflecting pool!
Become a sponsor, volunteer, or pledge to attend by visiting www.chant4change.com.
Follow the event via social media on Twitter @Chant4Change or on Facebook #Chant4Change